Classic South America - Summer 2020
Classic South America – Summer 2020
A continent rich in natural wonders, historic cities and imposing monuments, you’ve made it to South America. With imposing mountain ranges, ethereal waters and an exotic wildness, it is little surprise this enchanting part of the world is also known as the ‘land of poets’, its sweeping landscapes having influenced the works of Pablo Neruda and Gabriela Mistral. From this wondrous palette, we’ve fashioned a harmonious holiday, steeped in opulence and layered in the Latin way of life. From Sugarloaf cityscapes to the thundering chasm of the Devil’s Throat and Incan ruins, you’ll experience the best of South America.
- Santiago: Visit Kingston Family Winery, a small boutique winery located in Casablanca Valley for an introduction to and tasting of their exquisite wines.
- Santiago: Savour a Highlight Dinner at a cafe in Lastarria, Santiago’s trendiest neighbourhood.
- Buenos Aires: At San Antonio de Areco, one of the prettiest towns in the Pampas, enjoy a delicious asado lunch at La Bamba de Areco Estancia and a glimpse into the life of an Argentinian gaucho during an equestrian show.
- Buenos Aires: Enjoy dinner at Piegari Carnes.
- Buenos Aires: Savour a delicious meal, and enjoy fabulous live music, solo singers and a breathtaking display of authentic tango at Rojo Tango.
- Rio de Janeiro: Indulge in a classic buffet style lunch amid a lavish setting at the Belle Époque, Confeitaria Colombo.
- Rio de Janeiro: Enjoy elegant bayside surroundings with a Highlight Dinner at the flagship Fogo de Chao, a typical Brazilian Steakhouse where a variety of meats are barbecued in authentic ‘churrasco style.’
- Rio de Janeiro: Your Farewell Celebration Dinner is served at the Michelin-starred MEE Restaurant, the vision of celebrity Chef Ken Hom and led by Executive Chef Kazuo Harada.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L), 3 Lunches with wine and 6 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Santiago: Meet a Local Expert for an exploration of the Chilean capital.
- Buenos Aires: With a Local Expert, your comprehensive city exploration includes a visit to the splendid Belle Époque Teatro Colon.
- Iguassu Falls: Join a Local Expert for a spectacular walk past thundering curtains of water and misty rainbows on both Brazilian and Argentinian sides of the falls.
- Rio de Janeiro: Partake in a stunning show of extravagant costumes and enthralling music, songs and dances at Ginga Tropical.
- Rio de Janeiro: Experience sightseeing with a Local Expert and a cable car journey to the lofty heights of Sugarloaf Mountain.
- Rio de Janeiro: Journey up Corcovado Hill to the open arms of Christ the Redeemer and magnificent views over the legendary bay.
- Santiago: The Mandarin Oriental Santiago is known as one of the most luxurious hotels in Santiago. It is located in the exclusive neighbourhood of Las Condes and offers spectacular rooms and award-winning restaurants.
- Buenos Aires: Distinguishable by its architecture and décor, the Alvear Palace Hotel is a hallmark of world class hotels.
- Iguassu: The luxurious Belmond das Cataratas is the only hotel inside the National Park and sits alongside the falls.
- Rio de Janeiro: With a prime location overlooking Copacabana Beach, the iconic Belmond Copacabana Palace offers an unforgettable stay in timeless luxury.
- Rio de Janeiro: Meet an Ipanema local, Bossa Nova musician and composer Cecelo Frony. Join him for a walking tour of this famous neighbourhood.
INCLUSIVE LUXURY GOLD SERVICES
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold’s air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you’ll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Welcome to Chile.
The Sights of Santiago.
Valparaiso and Wine Country.
Fly to Buenos Aires.
Beautiful Buenos Aires.
Pampas, Estancias and Gauchos.
The Falls of Iguassu.*Macuco Safari*Macuco Safari
The 'Great Waters' of Iguassu Falls.
Rio de Janeiro, City of Sea and Samba.
Exploring Rio de Janeiro.
A Farewell to Rio de Janeiro.
Depart Rio de Janeiro.